The Virtual Piano that started it all, Ivory Grand Pianos redefined what virtual instruments could do, combining stunning, world-class piano samples with a powerful, software/DSP engine and custom user interface. Ivory’s worldwide critical acclaim and popularity has made it the industry standard, and the virtual piano of choice for the world’s most elite musicians.
With Ivory II Grand Pianos, the world’s most popular virtual grand piano collection has been taken to a whole new level. Featuring a greatly expanded sound set with nearly double the velocity layers, and the powerful, new Ivory II piano DSP engine with Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true Sympathetic String Vibration, Ivory II Grand Pianos soars at the highest possible levels of sampling and synthesis technology.
The playing experience is simply extraordinary with an emotional range extending from the heartiest fortissimo to the most delicate and nuanced pianissimo. Ivory II Grand Pianos will breathe under your fingers, inspiring your best performance from a truly organic instrument.
A host of new piano-centric features have been added to the Ivory II engine. Principal among them is Sympathetic String Resonance, a long sought after but elusive characteristic of real pianos that Synthogy approaches in a completely new and unique way, realizing the true complexities and subtleties of sympathetic string excitation. Harmonic Resonance Modeling is a brand new technology that does not rely upon triggering additional samples, ordinary sine waves, or recordings in any way. Rather, notes struck that are harmonically related excite the actual complex overtones of the notes that are being held, in the same manner that undamped strings ring in a real acoustic piano. The result is an unprecedented new level of realism.
Ivory II also delivers some of Synthogy’s most frequent customer requests, with features such as Half Pedaling, Lid Position, Pedal Noise, and Tuning Tables to provide even greater detail and control. Additionally, features like Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, and new Synth Layer controls offer powerful new sound sculpting capabilities for custom piano programming and sound design.
At the heart of Ivory II are Ivory's legendary pianos. Each Ivory piano has been further refined and developed, including expanded velocity levels (up to 18 per piano), additional soft pedal samples, and more release samples. Synthogy's decades of expertise in piano development, along with proprietary "timbre interpolation" technology combine to deliver greater fidelity, unrivaled playability, and a musical experience that is unsurpassed.
Ivory II represents the most significant design enhancement to Ivory's custom piano technology since its introduction. Years in the making, every effort has been taken to assure that Ivory II is a true and worthy successor to the legacy established by our original Ivory products.
Suggested retail price: $349
- Over 77 Gigabytes of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments:
- Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand
- Steinway D Concert Grand
- Yamaha c7 Grand
(Each piano can be installed separately)
- Up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the most realistic Sympathetic String Resonance possible
- Synthogy’s exclusive, powerful 32 bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, engineered specifically for recreating the acoustic piano
- Sustain Resonance DSP for realistic Damper Pedal response
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
- Customizable User controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position, Tuning Tables, and more
- Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- Expertly tuned and regulated pianos in world-class studios and concert halls
- All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 dynamic levels (plus Bösendorfer extended low octave)
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra- smooth velocity and note transitions
- Real Release samples, Soft Pedal samples, and Pedal Noise enhancements
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations
- Dozens of user-adjustable presets
- 2.0 GHz Dual Core PowerPC G5 or 1.8 GHz Intel Core Duo or equivalent CPU
- 1.5 GB RAM
- 22 GB free hard drive space
- Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
- DVD ROM drive for installation
- 2.5 GHz Dual Core PowerPC G5 or 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 77 GB free hard drive space
- iLok key optional with Ivory 2.5
- Any AU, AAX, RTAS, or VST 2.0 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Standalone application.
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra)
- Download-only products require Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- Any AAX, RTAS or VST 2.0 plug-in host, or the included Ivory Cantabile application.
- Windows XP SP2 (32 bit), Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit), Windows 8, Windows 10
- Download-only products require Vista or newer
Ivory II... sounds godlike!
Stephen Fortner Keyboard Magazine
Authentic-sounding sympathetic resonance has been the holy grail of digital- piano designers, and the folks at Synthogy have finally hit the mark...
Geary Yelton Electronic Musician
Mix Certified Hit
Top-20 hits of NAMM 2010 by the editors of MIX MAGAZINE
International Press Award Winner
2010 M.I.P.A. Best Software Instrument
- In The News